These vegetarian kebabs make a great vegetarian barbeque dish. The yoghurt marinade is one of my favourites. It's so tasty, healthy and easy to prepare. Perfect for grilling.
This recipe will make four kebabs.
150mls/5 fl oz/ 2/3 cup of plain yoghurt
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes or chilli powder
1 tablespoon of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
salt and pepper
8 small new potatoes or 2 large potatoes, each cut into 4 chunks
1 courgette/zucchini, cut into large chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1. To make the yoghurt marinade, simply mix all of the ingredients
together, seasoning to taste.
2. Boil or steam the potatoes till tender but still firm. Drain and allow to cool.
3. Thread the vegetables on to 4 skewers, alternating between potatoes, courgette/zucchini, pepper and tomatoes.
4. Place thevkebabs in a shallow dish or on a sheet of foil. Brush them liberally with the yoghurt sauce.
5. Cook the kebabs over the barbeque or under the grill or broiler. As they cook, you can baste them with any remaining yoghurt sauce.
I like to serve these with some flatbreads that have been warmed on the barbeque. I hope you enjoy them.