This vegetable side dish is quick, healthy and delicious.
Extra virgin olive oil
4 shallots, halved
4 garlic cloves, cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 courgette (zucchini), sliced
8 medium mushrooms
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried mint
1 tablespoon of coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
juice of half a lemon
1. Rinse all of the vegetables and pierce in the middle with the point
of a sharp knife.
2. Warm the griddle to a medium heat.
3. In a bowl, toss the courgette, carrot and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add to the griddle pan.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes, tossing regularly to ensure even cooking.
5. In a bowl now toss the garlic, shallots, red pepper and a tablespoon of oil, then add to the pan and cook as before for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Everything should be almost cooked so for the last few minutes, stir in the dried herbs, salt and pepper.
7. Empty the vegetables into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately.