This broccoli soup recipe is simple, very quick to make and tastes delicious.
Ingredients For Your Broccoli Soup Recipe:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 bunch of broccoli (about 500g/1 pound)
1 small potato, diced
1 litre/4 cups of vegetable stock (broth)
125g/1 cup of grated (shredded) cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Broccoli is rich in protein, calcium and iron and an excellent source of
Vitamins A and C.
This simple vegetable is also well known for its cancer fighting properties.
No wonder so many people want to eat more of it.
1. In a large pot, gently fry the onion and potato in the olive oil for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the broccoli and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-6 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
3. Blend the soup in a food processor or with a hand held blender.
4. Stir in the cheese while the soup is still hot.
5. Season to taste and serve. This soup is great for lunch with some crusty garlic bread.